I got quiet for a while, huh? Here's the latest...
I noticed #microblogpub rendered the posts I was replying to with u-comment where I thought it should be u-in-reply-to, so I changed it. Then I realized the reason it was like that to begin with is because the same block is used for rendering replies to me as comments. So I thought about that for a while, and concluded that since the most likely consumer of that markup is something checking to see what I'd said because of a webmention I sent, and therefore it is way more likely that said consumer will see things I am replying to than things that are replying to me, it made sense to leave my change in place until I could do better.
Then I went to commit the change (since I'd made it in production) and while I was at it, I figured out how to make it depend on whether it was part of the thread before or after the post the permalink is for, so I did that instead. So that's what's new around here.