I was going to write a (short) first article covering those first two bullet points, but it wound up shorter than I expected after I realized bringback.blog isn't accepting more folks to their list anymore (although they are still encouraging the blogging...and at least now I can stop wondering whether, since they specifically wanted long-form posts and RSS but didn't want Mastodon, an ActivityPub-powered blog that mixes notes and articles in its RSS would count), and that I'm not yet willing to commit even to a https://100daystooffload.com, let alone one of the 100 days in a row type commitments.
So instead I'm going to post another note, not an article, to mention a few other, smaller things (also less likely to be individual articles, with one exception) that I plan to work on soon:
- My banners (both here and on Fedisroot) are Mandelbulber wallpapers my wallpaper manager found for me ages ago, probably on Flickr, and I sincerely doubt I can track them down to credit them, so I want to learn to make nifty Mandelbulber images myself and switch to using one.
- I want to make some changes to my profile/h-card itself...for one thing, since I've concluded my other Fediverse account will probably do almost nothing from now on except follow me and the Dark Tangent, I don't think I want to display it so prominently where it might mislead anyone into thinking they should follow it.
- I think I want to have something in the header of my site that explains that people can interact with it through either ActivityPub or Webmention.
- I should probably update my IndieWeb wikipedia page soon.
- I've got at least one issue/possibly contribution I should send back upstream - I think I fixed a bug in the IndieWeb/Microformats markup of ActivityPub replies.
- I think I might also try to get out ahead of the dev (who is already considering adding support for a post type that doesn't federate, in connection with support for replying to things that aren't ActivityPub objects), and add my own custom implementation of a way to post something publicly without cluttering my followers' timelines. What I have in mind is basically adding a special something (I'm not sure what yet) that I can do with a "Direct" (mentioned actors only) post, so that my site will display it to anyone with the permalink. I may restrict that ability to posts that don't actually mention anyone, just to try to prevent any confusion.